Child and Parent Centres are located at schools to give families easy access to advice, programs and services. The centres assist children to be ready to start school and to become happy, confident learners.
The Warriapendi Child and& Parent Centre is a family friendly centre for parents with children up to eight years’ old that is operated in partnership with Mercy Care.
Centres provide a range of easily accessible programs and services for you and your family, including early learning programs, maternal and child health services and child support activities. Families can visit the child health nurse at the centre and see the speech pathologist.
Centre coordinators work with families, local schools and the community to ensure the programs, services and supports needed most in the area are easy to access and use.
The Warriapendi Child and Parent Centre offers the following;
- maternal and child health services
- speech therapy support
- antenatal classes
- early learning programs
- early literacy/numeracy programs
- cultural programs
- child support activities
- playgroups, including Aboriginal playgroup
- school holiday programs
- parenting and family support
- parent literacy support – conversational English
- parent workshops and groups, for example the Positive Parenting Program (Triple P), protective behaviours, new parent and baby groups, young parent workshops (for under 25 year olds), managing behaviour workshops, Circle of Security, Sing and Grow, Food Sensations, Wellbeing workshops and Tuning into Kids)
- transition to Kindy program – The Growing Tree
- multicultural programs and services
- referrals to other services.
For further information please contact Kirsty Maroney 6151 1980 or email WarriapendiCPC@mercycare.com.au