Dear parents/carers and staff,
On advice from WA Health, I am providing the following information. There has been a positive case of COVID-19 at Warriapendi Primary School.
They attended the Year 1 Room 5 class on Friday 25 February while infectious.
All students and staff who were in Year 1 Room 5 class at the same time as the case, for more than two hours, are deemed a close contact by WA Health and should get tested immediately and quarantine for 7 days from exposure.
The following key dates apply for all students and staff who were in this class:
- Date of final PCR test: Thursday 3 March 2022
- End of quarantine date and time: Friday 4 March 2022 3pm
- These students and staff can return to school on Tuesday 8 March 2022 (Monday Public Holiday) provided they have not developed any symptoms and have returned either a negative PCR on day 6 or RAT on or after day 7. If students or staff are unwell, they should stay home until symptoms clear.
COVID-19 PCR tests can be accessed at a COVID Clinic. A list of clinics can be found here:
A close contact information sheet from WA Health is attached to this communication.
Advice for all families and staff:
- The school remains open.
- If your child was not in the Year 1 Room 5 class at the same time as the case, for more
- than two hours, your child is not required to quarantine and should attend school.
- If staff were not in the Year 1 Room 5 class for more than two hours during this time, they
- are not required to quarantine and should attend school.
- As for everyone in Western Australia, we ask that you monitor your child/yourself for
- symptoms of COVID-19 and get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result, if
- symptoms develop.
- If you or your child develop symptoms, please do not attend school.
- Please note that the Omicron strain can present with less typical symptoms such as
- diarrhoea, particularly in children.
If you have queries or concerns, please contact WA Health on 1300 316 555.